Water Leak Detection
Water Leak Detection Mandurah
An undetected water leak can easily wreak havoc on your home. From mold and mildew to ruined furnishings, you should never underestimate the power of a water leak. If you suspect a water leak in your home but aren’t sure where it is located, a water leak detection service can help.
At Mandurah Plumber we can pinpoint the source of a leak, fix a leak, and put in new piping to prevent future leaks from happening in the first place. Though water leaks can be a common occurrence, not all leaks are obvious to the naked eye. Sometimes, a serious plumbing leak is lying in wait under a slab or hidden areas of the home. If you believe your home has an undetected water leak, call a Mandurah plumber today.
Contact us Today
Water Leaks in Mandurah
Signs You Have A Leak in Your Home
Though not always apparent, there are a few key signs that you may have an undetected water leak in the home. Leaks left unfixed can easily cause structural damage, health-issues, and even high out-of-pocket costs. Aside from dealing with an obvious drip-drip-drip, most leaks can be difficult to detect. Here are some signs that you have a leak in your home:
- You hear water running, even when it is not being used. Do you hear water even when no water is being used? This is a key sign of a hidden leak in the home.
- A moldy smell or the appearance of mildew. Do you find a sudden occurrence of mildew or mold in the home? Does a certain room smell moldy or musty? The moisture is coming from somewhere and could be due to a hidden leak.
- Your water bill is much higher than average. If your water bill is suddenly sky-high, you may have a leak using up your water.
- There are cracks forming in the foundation. While some cracks will form over time, it is not normal for cracks to form in the walls or ceiling in newer homes.
- You can see wet spots or hot spots on walls or ceilings. Do you notice any soiled rings or spots on your flooring or walls? These could be due to water damage.
- Water meter or pump changes. A water meter or pump can help you determine if a leak exists. Simply check your meter and then wait an hour or more before checking the meter again. If the reading changed, you have a leak. If you use a well pump, listen to hear if it is running when no water is in use. If it is, you likely have a serious leak.
If you suspect there is an undetected leak in your home call the water leak detection specialists at Mandurah plumber. Don’t attempt to fix the leak on your own as this may lead to additional damage or a worsening of the leak. Only a licensed plumber can employ water leak detection skills to find the leak and fix it correctly the first time.
Water Leak Services
How Water Leaks Go Undetected
When most of us picture a leak, we see a runny faucet or water coming from under the kitchen sink. However, a majority of water leaks in the home are not apparent at all. This is why hiring a water leak detection specialist in Mandurah is key. While you may notice a leak shower head, you probably won’t notice a leak happening behind the walls until there is obvious damage. Most homeowners are not trained to detect water leaks on their own, which is why most water leaks go undetected until there is clear damage or large amounts of water running out of ceilings, walls, or onto the floor.
Common areas where water leaks go undetected include:
- The service line from the meter or pump to your home (this typically runs under your yard or driveway)
- Under the slab of your home
- Within the plumbing behind drywall, under floors, or in the ceiling
- Crawl spaces or basements
- Radiant floor heating areas
- Hydronic lines for heating and cooling
- Snow melt systems
Since most of these leaks will not be visible to the eye, the leaks go undetected and cause damage over time. Only by hiring a water detection specialist or a local Mandurah plumber can you find the suspected leak and spare yourself from some serious headaches down the line.
Always On Time. Available 24/7!
Ready To Book With Mandurah Plumber?
Call Us As Soon As Possible
Always Fix Leaks Immediately
One of the reasons why we practice in water leak detection is because unrecognized leaks can be costly and dangerous to human health. Obviously, the last thing you want to deal with is a plumbing leak, but there are many reasons to have a leak looked at right away. Reasons why you should fix leaks urgently include:
Flooring damage. An undetected leak can easily cause damage to floor panels, tiles, slabs, and more. It can also cause flooring to splinter and may contribute to hazardous mold growth.
Wall damage. Most of the plumbing in our homes exists behind the walls. When a pipe breaks or springs a leak, the water has no place to go. Because of this, it will seep through the drywall and can cause a structural weakening to the walls.
Mould and mildew. Over time, an undetected leak can lead to mold and mildew in the home. Pooling water in the walls can quickly promote growth as mold thrives in moist damp areas of the home.
Why hire a professional?
Don’t Let Undetected Leaks Drain Your Wallet
Undetected leaks are bad for you, bad for your home, and bad for your wallet. If you suspect an undetected leak, call the water leak detection specialists at Mandurah plumbing and spare the extra expense. Our skilled water leak detection plumbers can perform comprehensive repairs to protect both you and your home from costly undetected leaks.
Water Heater Installation Mandurah
Find Out Why Mandurah Residents Choose Us!
What our customers say
Noah LoveMandurah. WA
Tom CrimminsMandurah, WA
C.J HolmMandurah, WA
Why Choose Mandurah Plumber
Find out why Mandurah residents choose us!